Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Blueberries!

I love blueberries!  Yesterday, I picked the first ripe blueberries off of our bushes.  I must confess that I probably ate as many as I put in my basket!  They were so good and sweet...still warm from the sun...yum!
Pretty soon there will be more getting ripe and there'll be enough to make jam and lots of other summertime sweet treats!

10 comments:

Theresa said...

Yum, love blueberries. I made blueberry pancakes this morning. Thanks for visiting my blog. I bet you are so excited for your upcoming wedding.

Carissa said...

Oh blueberry pancakes sound so good! I haven't made those in a long time. I don't get around to everybody's blogs as often as I probably should...thank you for commenting on mine! Yes, I am excited about getting married! :)

Barbara said...

Oh yes pancakes, muffins cakes, oh I love blueberry everything, giggles, I have lots of blueberry recipes on my blog too, if you want to get some new one, like buckle, crisp, and that wonderful blueberry bundt cake. I see you are from GA too, South or North? We are about as far South as one can get and not be in FLorida, hope your day is a glorious one. Hugs my friend, Barbara

Anonymous said...

Love blueberries!

Secondhand Blessings said...

We also have a few blueberrie bushes; they're still pretty small at this point.
I need to put some netting over them before the birds eat them all! (Hopefully,they left enough for us!)
Now I'm craving a blueberry muffin dripping with butter!
BTW, The little pocket book you found at the thrift store is really cute. Good find.
Brenda

Boysaplenty!! said...

Hi Carissa!
I just read your blog for the first time and I enjoyed it so much! It just does my heat good to see what a beautiful and Godly young lady you have become. I am very exicted for you and your fiance' and your future together. God is so good! How wise of you to begin putting away your food for after you are married! Love your blog and I will be back to read more!!
Pam

candy said...

pretty!!

Becky said...

Yum blueberries! Enjoyed reading how you picked them warm from the bushes. Reminds me how I used to pick berries at my grandmothers. The birds sat on top of the bush and ate the berries up there while I ate the ones I could reach.

candy said...

hi carissa
i added your blog to my sidebar if thats alright

candy

Carissa said...

Hi Candy! That is fine with me!!! Thanks! :)