Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What I've Been Up To Lately!

Things have sure been busy around here!  We've been working on getting the garden planted and it's coming along well!

Last week, we got some strawberries and made preserves from part of them and froze some also.



Mama helped me for a while, then Shaun came over and took over the job of helping me wash and cut them up.  It was so sweet of him!  Mama took these pictures.






We ended up with 28 pints and 15 half pints of preserves and froze 6 quarts in syrup and 6 more quart bags.  So, that was our first time putting up food that will be for us after we get married!  There'll be a lot of putting up to do this year...and I'm looking forward to every bit of it!  Can you tell I'm excited?!  :)

4 comments:

Becky said...

How wonderful! I am excited for the both of you. Love your pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hey you! I need to add you to my blog roll. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hard to believe that you have strawberries already.

candy said...

You guys are so adorable!!!! And you are sooo pretty just like your
Mom!

Carissa said...

Thank you all!!!